What you need
- Webcam or smartphone, perhaps a stand of some sort
- Microphone (separate headset recommended)
There are plenty of general webcam Magic guides.
Hipsters of the Coast: Getting Set Up for Paper Magic Online
The Spike Feeders: How to Play Magic: The Gathering On Skype
Starting a game on Discord
First, join the Fantasiapelit Turku server:
General communications will be done on the ”haikkuliiga” channel.
After pairings, join the appropriate table voice channel by clicking it.
If you are not a player but only spectating the match, please mute your microphone and hide your video by default.
- At the bottom, below the channel list, click ”Video” to begin sharing your video.
- By right-clicking a video stream you may de-select ”Show Non-Video Participants” to hide all spectators.
- To enlargen the video area, click the Pop Out icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To hide your own video, either click the opponent’s video stream or right-click and select ”Focus This Person”.
Using a phone
To use your phone as a webcam, you’ll need a dedicated application for your phone and on your PC. There are approximately a billion guides on the internet on the topic.
Tom’s Guide: How to use your phone as a webcam
The Verge: How to use your Android or iOS device as a webcam
Indestructables: Android Smartphone As USB (!!) Webcam
Thanks to the Canlander community on Discord for contributing!
Example 1: Webcam connected to desktop PC, attached to screen
Example 2: Webcam connected to laptop, attached to makeshift stand
Example 3: Lamp as a stand for webcam
Example 4: DLSR attached to PC via HDMI input device